For experienced SEOs it’s common knowledge that link building is crucial to give a website the necessary boost in order to perform well on search engines.
During many SEO projects I’ve been seeking new and innovative forms of link bait and built links in order to achieve for a myriad of search terms my clients wish to perform on search engines.
It is also a fact that there are really no two links that are indeed the same. Therefore Wiep Knol decided to ask about 17 well known and respected SEOs to gives us their input on link value factors. This article is really interesting and outlines about 40 link factors and their importance.
The importance of each link has been rated as follows:
- Not of any influence on the value
- Fractional effect on link value
- Moterate influence on the link value
- Strong influence on the link
- Very strong influencing factor
There is also a section on so called “dampening effects” of links that perhaps lower the strength of a link.
These factors were also rated as follows:
- No negative effects at all
- Slight negative effect on the value
- Somewhat negative effects
- Big negative effect on the link value
- Maximum negative effect
It’s about time we had a full “bible” on link value factors.
Read it! It’s an eye opener!!